Sunday, August 10, 2008

Please tell me W H Y ?

I will never know why the (UC)LA Times published Pat Longo's letter on Saturday 8/9/08. I quote a paragraph of her letter. "No wonder criminals like Pacman Jones get to the NFL, when colleges like USC defend common thugs, put no merit in character and have no level of accountability for their players' actions." Ms. Longo is referring to USC recruit Maurice Simmons, who was offered a football scholarship to USC, but one week later he committed a crime. Her accusations that USC football players have no character and are thugs are incendiary!

Where was Ms. Longo's letter two years ago when UCLA football players John Hale and Jess Ward were arrested, charged and pled "no contest" to beating up two men. Those two players were suspended for only one football game. Did UCLA "defend common thugs, put no merit in character then?"

Again I ask the question...why did the (UC)LA Times publish Pat Longo's letter? I will answer my own question. The (UC)LA Times is biased!

No comments: