Saturday, December 6, 2008

Thank you, Kent!

I received an email yesterday from a fellow Trojan alum, Kent. Kent wrote to tell me that a reporter, David Wharton, was sent to Austin, TX to cover the UCLA game against Texas, while no reporter was sent to Norman, OK to cover the USC game against Oklahoma. The USC article was composed from AP articles.

I was so flabbergasted to see a color picture of Trojan basketball player DeMar DeRozan on the front page of the (UC)LA Times sports page that I didn't notice the two bylines.

The (UC)LA Times still sends a reporter to cover every UCLA football game, even though the Bruins are cruddy this year. The USC men's basketball team has a winning record so far, but they were not covered by a (UC)LA Times reporter in Puerto Rico or Oklahoma.

Kent and I know that the UCLA bias over USC lives on!

No comments: